All students seeking certificates in cosmetology and esthetics are required to submit proof that the student is at least 16 years of age and has an education equivalent to a high school degree. Students seeking admission to the cosmetology, esthetics, or Teacher Training Program are required to submit proof of an education equivalent to a high school degree and a valid state license in the area for which they are applying.
Students seeking admission to the Massage Therapy program are required to submit proof that the student is at least 18 years of age and has an education equivalent to a high school degree.
Acceptance to the Midwest College of Cosmetology is based on a student’s high school record and ACT scores. Campus visits are strongly recommended. In select cases, a personal interview, an interview with the Director of Admissions and Director of MCC, and academic or professional letters of recommendation may be required.
Transfer student applications can be submitted for any of the program start dates. Students who apply should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and be eligible to return to their previous institution(s). (Students who are on probation at their previous institutions may be provisionally admitted upon review and decision by the Director of Admissions.) In select cases, a personal statement, an interview with the Director of Admissions and Director of MCC, and academic or professional letters of recommendation may be required.
Non-Traditional Students (21 years or older)
Non-traditional students are not required to submit ACT scores, but must submit high school and college transcripts, a resume, and in some cases academic or professional letters of recommendation may be required.
Note: Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis until classes are full. If a class is full, an applicant may be wait listed until space becomes available. Students are encouraged to apply early as spaces are limited.
Checklist for Midwest College of Cosmetology Students
Send all application materials to:
Midwest College of Cosmetology
755 W. Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
Students who are considering the Midwest College of Cosmetology should:
- Schedule a campus visit by calling MCC Admissions at (309) 268-4327, (309) 268-4331, or at email@example.com.
- Submit a completed Midwest College of Cosmetology Application
- Submit the $25 application fee
- Submit official high school transcripts or appropriate documentation of high school degree equivalency.
- Submit official transcripts from any colleges or universities previously attended.
- Apply for Federal Student Aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA form is available beginning January 1. Submit the FAFSA as early as possible because financial aid funds are limited.