The Advisement Office is located in Room 100H of the Academic Building. Contact the full-time advisor(s) by phone at (309) 268-4302. Available times are posted each semester.
Center for Adult Learning for ABE Students
Contact the full-time advisors by phone at (309) 268-4304, or (309) 268-4306. Available hours are posted each semester.
Responding to the individual needs of a diverse student population, academic advisement at Lincoln College-Normal plays an integral part of the larger College mission. Capitalizing on the students’ strengths, advisement seeks to clarify the students’ goals and translate those goals and choices to promote positive social development in order to establish the relationship between academic education and life experiences.
Academic advisors play an important role in helping students reach their goals at Lincoln College-Normal. Students are assigned an academic advisor who will serve as a valuable resource not only when registering for classes, but for many aspects of college life.
Academic advisors can:
- help students ascertain that they are meeting degree requirements.
- discuss course offerings to help the student select appropriate courses each semester.
- contact students periodically throughout the semester to help them monitor academic progress.
- help students make informed decisions about college and career.
- help students deal with personal issues that affect their academic performance or refer them to someone who can help.
- serve as a mentor, write job recommendations, and provide an ear when necessary.
An appointment is usually recommended for academic advisement. Students may schedule advisement appointments contacting their academic advisor directly.
Academic advisement is a service provided by the College. Course selection and the completion of all degree requirements remain each student’s personal responsibility.