Massage Therapy Student General Admission Requirements
High school students are encouraged to apply early in their senior year but late applications will be considered fully as the College has a rolling admissions policy (no deadline for receiving applications). Applicants may be accepted for Fall or Spring semesters as Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis until classes are full. If a class is full, an applicant may be wait-listed until space becomes available. Prospective Students are encouraged to apply early as spaces are limited.
Massage Therapy Admissions Entrance Examinations*
All candidates for admission to the Massage Therapy certificate who have recently completed high school (within the past year) and have not attended another institution of higher education are required to take either the ACT or the SAT. The results of one or both of these tests must be forwarded to the Admissions Office. The ACT can be taken at Lincoln College. Please contact the Admissions Office for more information.
* Non-traditional students (21 years or older) are exempt from submitting ACT scores but must submit official high school and college transcripts (if applicable).
Massage Therapy General Admissions Requirements
Students seeking admission to the Massage Therapy program are required to submit proof that the student is at least 18 years of age and has an education equivalent to a high school degree.
Massage Therapy Student Admission Criteria
Requirements for all Massage Therapy students are as follows*:
- Minimum age of 18 years (proof required)
- High school diploma or successful completion of the General Education Development (GED) Exam.
- Minimum high school grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0/4.0 scale (a “C” average).
- An ACT** composite score of 17 or higher.
* Students not meeting all of the minimum academic admission requirements listed above in some instances may be considered for admission through the Academic Review Committee. However, the minimum age requirement MUST be met for admission into the program per State of Illinois regulations.
** Non-traditional students (21 years or older) are exempt from submitting ACT scores.
Massage Therapy Student Application Material Requirements
In determining an applicant’s qualifications for admission and to complete a students’ Admissions file, the following documentation and information is required/suggested:
- A completed Application for Admission (the preferred method is an online application) – required
- $25.00 non-refundable Application Fee – required
- Official Record of scholastic achievement (Official Transcripts: High School, GED, College) – required
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended (if applicable)
- Official scores from the ACT*, SAT, or TOEFL – required
- Complete a campus visit (Lincoln College-Normal/MCC requires all prospective students and their families to visit campus. Students may visit on one of the many visit days or make arrangements for an individual visit. For more information contact the MCC Office of Admissions by calling (309) 268-4327 or (309) 268-4331 or by emailing email@example.com.) – required
- Recommendations from appropriate school and/or community persons** – suggested**
- Written personal statement** – suggested**
* Non-traditional students (21 years or older) are exempt from submitting ACT scores.
** The Academic Review Committee will require these “suggested” supplemental admission/application materials including, but not limited to, a written personal statement, a campus interview with Academic Review Committee, and letters of recommendation specifically addressing the academic ability and potential of the prospective student for those students who do not meet the minimum Massage Therapy admissions criteria.
Acceptance of Transfer Hours for Massage Therapy
Transfer clock hours are not accepted for students seeking a Massage Therapy Certificate; however, transfer hours for BIO 113 and BIO 114 (Anatomy and Physiology I and II) are accepted as part of the Massage Therapy Certificate Requirements according to the articulation of transfer credits detailed later in this catalog..
Notification of Admissions Decision for Massage Therapy
Admissions decisions are made on a “rolling” basis prior to the start of each semester. Decisions are made once the applicant has a complete application file containing all required documents and has submitted the application fee. All notifications will be mailed as soon as the student’s application file is reviewed by the Admissions Office (or by the Academic Review Committee, if applicable).
Applicants respond to offers of admission by forwarding a $50.00 confirmation deposit. Applicants requiring on-campus housing must also complete the online housing application and submit an additional $200.00 housing deposit. Preference for and availability of housing is determined by the date on which payment of the housing deposit was received.
Upon Notification of Acceptance
- The student must submit the required $50.00 tuition deposit and $200.00 housing deposit (residential students only) in order to be registered for classes and be considered for on campus housing space. Note: While the application fee is nonrefundable, the deposits are refundable until May 1 if students decide not to attend the Massage Therapy Program.
- Submit a completed Immunization Information Form.
- Return a completed housing application form (residential students only.)
Massage Therapy New Student Orientation
New Massage Therapy Students receive their orientation to the Massage Therapy Certificate Program on the first scheduled day of classes at which time they review the specific policies of the Massage Therapy Program, meet with their Instructor, and sign documentation that they received the orientation folder and the academic policies manual of the Massage Therapy Program.