The Learning Resource Center provides high quality academic support to all Lincoln College-Normal students. The LRC is committed to helping students develop the skills and confidence necessary to accomplish their academic goals.
In the spirit of that mission, the LRC provides a variety of services to students:
- Free Professional Tutoring: The LRC tutoring area in Room 105 operates on a walk-in basis and provides free tutoring from experienced and credentialed tutors.
- Testing: The Testing Center in Room 106A provides a place to take make-up tests, other tests as assigned by the instructor, or exams with approved accommodations (e.g., reader, scribe, extended time).
- Research Assistance: LRC staff can help students use Milner Library’s online catalog and Lincoln College’s online database collection. Students also have access to the LRC’s collection of current newspapers and periodicals.
- Reserved Materials: Instructors often leave specific materials, such as books, CDs or videos for students in the LRC’s reserved materials section. A current list of reserved materials is posted on the LRC web site.
- Quiet Study: Room 106 is available as a quiet study area whenever the academic building is open.