Lincoln College-Normal Vision Statement
Lincoln College-Normal will be a premier learner-centered institution that provides excellence in academic programming, student learning, and student services.
We achieve excellence by:
- Responding to student and community needs
- Promoting faculty excellence
- Ensuring academic rigor and encouraging intellectual and personal growth
- Providing alternatives in course delivery
- Serving our diverse student population
Key strategies that implement and enhance this vision include:
- a variety of associate’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and certificate programs
- professional tutoring and advising
- personalized learning environments
- a low student-teacher ratio
- modern academic and living facilities
- monitored academic growth
These keys to successful learning are provided for students in an environment that is challenging, structured, and supportive. Lincoln College-Normal has long fostered a student-centered approach to education. It had a tradition of learner-centered education before the concept became universally popular. Its tradition, guiding vision, the philosophy of its faculty and student services, and its low teacher-student ratio enable the College to provide the important element of individual attention that makes the difference between success and failure for many students.